Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

If you can't stand the heat get out of the Cheesecake!


We launched a new product line, our Savory Appetizer 'Cheesecakes in a Jar' about 3 months ago and the 4th in the series is a Savory Cheesecake called 'El Diablo', which is a Ghost Pepper/Habanero Cheesecake. Now some people, obviously not PepperHeads, think that the El Diablo is 'over-the-top'.

For those of you who know me, I love hot and spicy food as long as the heat does not over power the flavor!

But working with ghost peppers got me thinking... Let's do the 'hottest' cheesecake in the world! So I have been playing, increasing the heat in our base sauce and after a few trials, I think I got it, "La Muerta Del Diablo"! Each jar has the equivelent of about 1 ghost pepper and 1 Habanero in it and that is on top of Jalepano meat and a few more 'items of heat'.

We are doing another tasting of our Savory's at CrossRoads Liquor/Wild West Steaks and Seafood on 24 RD in Grand Junction tomorrow (Fri, May 28th) from 3 - 6 pm and will have a sample of 'La Muerta Del Diablo', for those who dare!

Stop on by and say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment