Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Road Trips

Ahh, the feel of the wind coming in the trucks window as I cross the first mountain range as I leave the Grand Valley of Western Colorado, I cannot wait!

We just finished one of the busiest periods of work that we have had at Decadence Gourmet Cheesecakes in a long time, what with our cheesecakes,a two-day Monster Truck Event and other catering and I am in dire need of a roadie!

One of the things that I love to do is to avoid all fast food, chain restaurants and the like and see what the local food places are! Whether it is a local Mom & Pop stand that puts out a truly amazing milkshake, a roadside beer joint that puts out a really tasty burger, whatever, it is this kind of place that make this country great!

Not every dish has to have Foix Gras, truffle oil, you get my drift! Sometimes a great burger is just a great burger!

This upcoming road trip is going to take me from Palisade up through Northwestern Colorado, into Vernal, Utah, up through Flaming Gorge and then, who knows? Just need to load up the truck with some good driving music (Allman Brothers-Live, Grateful Dead-Live, some live Bruce, of course and even some Jazz...)some tunes you can just space out to as you drive over mountain passes, past some herds, feeling the stress of work and life peeling off as the miles roll on!

So, if you know of any good local food establishments in these areas, just comment and I might just stop by and of course, you will read about it!

2 comments:

  1. it has been years since I lived in Vernal, but there used to be some little mom and pop shops that put out real food (meatloaf, chicken fried steak, etc.). Good luck and let us know where to travel to...

    ReplyDelete