Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Some of the best tacos ever!

As I do not really like to fly, the majority of the time I go to Virginia for our operations there, I drive cross-country.

Once we make it over Vail Pass and Eisenhower Tunnel (sometimes not an easy feat in the winter, or for that matter, Fall and Spring too!), make it through the Denver metro area, the roads flatten out and we hit the plains, all the way to Topeka and Kansas City. After Missouri, we leave St. Louis and head east on I-64, through the spreading suburbia and eventually back to the open spaces, until we get close to Kentucky.

From Louisville through Lexington, we hit the urban sprawl again, but there is something about Kentucky... Maybe the rolling hills, the horse pastures, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, dunno..

or maybe it is Taco Punk!!



I had read about this place for awhile and then last year, I finally had a chance to stop by and not it is a destination location for me! Check out their menu and you will see why!



The Bar-Beer-Coa was already sold out when I got there and they had run out of the 'Drain Cleaner' Salsa (mental note, change the drive time to get there earlier!) but as usual, I was not disappointed!



This visit I had the Grilled Adobo Chicken Taco and the Chorizo and Potato and added some of their Pineapple Habanero Salsa and then the Hot Salsa Roja.



Yeah, I do love this place!

And as I try to keep my promises, I even kept one of our 'El Diablo' Savory Craft Spreads on ice for them and surprised them with one!


 Next....

A return to Maya Mexican Grill & Tequila Lounge in Richmond, VA!



No comments:

Post a Comment